Special educators rarely receive the overwhelming appreciation they deserve for their work in meeting the needs of children and youth with exceptionalities. That’s why CEC offers the CEC Professional Awards program, which recognizes outstanding professionals who have worked tirelessly to advance the field and the quality of special education.
From groundbreaking research to exemplary teaching practices, CEC honors the integral contributions of the special education community through the following awards, presented each year on the main stage of the CEC Convention & Expo:
- J.E. Wallace Wallin Lifetime Achievement Award
- Clarissa Hug Teacher of the Year Award
- Special Education Research Award
- Frederick J. Weintraub Outstanding CEC Leadership Award
- Business/Organizational Award
Nominations for the 2020 Professional Awards are officially open, with the deadline for all materials being July 15, 2019, so make sure you take advantage of this unique opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments of your colleagues and peers.