As lawmakers begin to put pen to paper, it is important to keep education funding top of mind through advocacy from education funding stakeholders. To that end, CEC has developed a Call to Action through the Legislative Action Center for members to engage in a final push on FY 2020 spending. The template letter calls for spending increases to the following programs:
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Grants to States Program (Part B)
- IDEA Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities Program (Part C)
- IDEA Preschool Program (Part B Section 619)
- IDEA National Activities (Part D)
- National Center for Special Education Research, within the Institute for Education Sciences
- Jacob K. Javits Gifted and Talented Students Education Act
It is critical that CEC and other education funding stakeholders keep the drum beat going. To join in this call to action, please follow this link.
For more information on how you can advocate for students needing special education and other services, visit CEC’s Legislative Action Center and sign up for their Action Alert emails. Together, we can make a difference!